Today is another guest post from my sister Ali, who was sweet enough to share about her experience at a private Christian university. Be sure to check out her blog at Big Hair Ali.
1. Are you having trouble finding a church home?
No, God was gracious in pointing me to the right one immediately! YAY!
2. Have you made any good friends in college yet?
I have made a lot of good friends. Making really close friends takes a while, so [I haven't made] too many close friends. But I did find Jordan and I can see myself keeping in touch with her until we are old and gray.
3. What do you think of people who act like they're very close friends even if they've only met each other recently in college?
I think they are just trying to find close friends fast. I think it works to open people up fast. But in order to become REAL CLOSE friends, time is needed.
4. What is the best way you keep in contact with friends and family?
Honestly, I have been failing in this area. I am not a phone person and I usually am not on my computer much, so this has been hard for me. I am not sure I can offer very much advice. I guess you need to make it a MUST!
5. Is college easier or harder than you expected? In what ways?
I think college is harder than I expected. Not necessarily the courses, but being away from loved ones. This has been tough. Growing up is HARD, but I guess everyone needs to. I just did not realize I would have such a hard time growing up.
6. What is your favorite part of college?
My favorite part of college is learning new things. Even though sometimes I do not like the way I learn things, it is actually my favorite part because I know I am growing.
7. What is your least favorite part of college?
My least favorite part is being away from people that are dear and near to me. I MISS them! The next thing is the FOOD!
8. How did you choose the college you're going to out of so many to choose from?
I have always wanted to attend [my university]. I decided that maybe God had put that in my heart, so I decided to pursue it. If doors did not open, then He had other plans, but if they did, then they would be clearly open, because looking at my chances of attending [that school] without faith were small. They opened. God wanted me here!
9. How is a Christian university the same or different from a Christian high school?
Well, in a lot of things, it is the same, like praying, and you do not hear ugly things, and you are in the minority if you act rebellious or break the laws. However, it is different because most people pay for a Christian education [because they] actually want one, not because their parents are forcing them to go there. There are a few exceptions though.
10. Has it been hard to adjust to college?
It definitely has been hard, but I know that I can do [it] through the strength of Christ and that He is growing me through the whole process.
11. Overall, how do you feel about college so far?
Overall, I know I am doing the right thing and I am where God wants me to be, so I am pleased. I still have really hard days, but when I seek Him, He makes them better. I also have really good and FUN days too though!
If you want to thank Ali for sharing about her college experience or ask her more in-depth questions, go leave her a comment on her blog!