I was absolutely obsessed with the front of this card! It was so perfect to send to my daughter. Even though we're half a world away from each other, I still miss her and cherish her so much.
The printed message on the inside of the card says, "and the way you brighten up my world." Isn't that fantastic? I stuck some African animal stickers on the inside and talked about a few things, like:
- Spiritual encouragement and a reminder that I am praying for her.
- A few more details about where I went when I was in Kenya other than her school. If you ever go on a vacation, write about the places you go. Children love to hear about the world.
- I encouraged her in her schoolwork.
- I talked about my own life and how I was about to start university again.
- I talked about family birthdays going on in August (the kids at Ringroad Orphan's Day School definitely know what birthdays are).
I know my carpet makes it difficult to see, but I sent Lavin:
- A small sheet of animal stickers
- A strip of heart stickers
- A blue headband for her to wear
Have you written your sponsored child this month?
Two years ago: Big Hair Ali and I'm slowly learning here.
Three years ago: Oh, Compassion and Nerds Day Thursday
I have just discovered your blog and I am so glad that I did! My family and I just sponsored two children. We sponsored Johana a two year old and David a three year old. Thank you for sharing what you write to your sponsored daughter. I love the cards that you send her! Where do you find such great cards?ReplyDelete
Hey, thank you! That's a great question I have never thought to answer. Lifeway Christian Store actually has a pretty amazing card collection. Target usually has alright selections. I frequently keep an eye out when I'm shopping for cards that would be relevant to kids across the world in different life situations.ReplyDelete
i like it how you take so much effort to create the card