Today I am borrowing a questionairre from my mom's blog at Optimist by Choice. If you haven't checked my mom's blog, go look at it now! She posts something new every couple of days and shares a lot of great pictures of my family and home (and pets!).
1. How often do you go over the speed limit?
I try not to speed... ever. I have before, I'll admit, but I've come to the realization that when I purposely speed, I'm deliberately disobeying the law and the Bible tells me in Romans 13 to obey my authorities. So I rarely speed these days. (And even if I didn't have this conviction, I live in a college town where cops lurk EVERYWHERE.)
Not very often. I know that makes me sound totally not fun, but I'm not much of a dancer and I'm not very hyper. However, there are the occasional moments when I'll let loose and dance a little. But usually I'll just sing. ;)
3. If you were going to be stuck on a desert island, which book, which movie, and which CD would you take with you?
If I couldn't take the Bible, I would probably take "Saint" by Ted Dekker because that's been my favorite book lately. I would take "The Truman Show" because that's my favorite movie and I could watch it over and over again. I would take... a mix CD. Does that count? On the mix CD would be all of my favorite songs. If not, it would probably be Colbie Caillat because she makes good island music.
4. What did you get in trouble for when you were a kid?
I fought with my little sister Amy quite a bit. I didn't get in trouble very often... I was that child who wanted desperately to be well-liked by adults, but when I did get in trouble, it was usually because of fighting with my sister.
5. What really gives you the creeps?
Deep water. The ocean scares me to death.
6. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?
Hmm, I really loved "Bear." He was this stuffed bear that I originally purchased with my mommy to keep me from being so afraid of the dark. I took him with me to a lot of places and even though I didn't necessarily play with him a lot, he was my companion and I remember him the most out of all of my toys. Original name, right?
7. You run into a friend while shopping. Where are you?
Forever 21. My favorite store.
8. When you fall asleep, are you usually on your side, your stomach, or your back?
My left side. Always.
9. If fat or calorie intake wasn't an issue, what one food would you eat the most?
Chips and queso. I'm addicted to Mexican food. Tex-Mex, at least.
10. If you could hire one of the following, which one would it be? Driver, chef, maid, or stylist?
A driver. I hate driving and I would love it if I had someone to drive me around everywhere. I actually have weekly maid service (and people who cook for us) at the dorm where I'm living now, and although those things are great luxuries, I could survive without them... but a driver would be amazing. <3
11. What movie have you watched the most?
"Pirates of the Caribbean." I've watched the first movie in that series at least twenty times. At least.
12. What kind of perfume do you wear?
I'm very, very picky. I wear two different kinds: Cherry Blossom from Bath & Body Works and "beyond paradise" from Estee Lauder. I love them so much.
13. What was your favorite sitcom growing up?
Probably "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air."
I was at a corn maze with Rebecca, Stephanie, and Ali. It was so much fun.
15. What was the very first concert you ever attended?
I think it was "Plus One." If you don't remember them, you should look them up. They're like the Christian versions of N*SYNC. I used to adore their song "My Life." I remember being afraid of the loud music and plugging my ears, hugging "Bear," and trying to read a book. I was so cool as a little kid... not.
16. Who is the fourth person on your missed call list?
At the time I'm writing this, I actually only have one person on my missed call list (an unknown caller from Arlington, Texas, wherever that is) because I just got a new phone.
17. How long does it take you to get ready in the mornings?
About forty-five minutes, including breakfast and checking my Facebook and blog comments. :)
18. When is the last time you went to the mall and what did you buy?
On October 22... I actually didn't buy anything. My friends and I just went to the Puppy Store to hold puppies! They had Yorkies... eek!
19. Ever go to camp?
I've gone to Camp Electric, been a counselor at Angel Tree Camp for three years, and Impact Camp before I started college.
20. Do you collect anything?
Movie tickets. Ted Dekker books. Souvenirs from all of the countries I've visited. And dead cats. (Kidding on the last one.)
If you enjoyed this survey and want to take it on your own blog, be sure to leave a link in the comments so I can read along! And if you want to read my mom's answers, check them out here.