Here are fifteen facts about me:
1. I want to learn ASL (American Sign Language). I've been working on it like crazy lately and I've learned a lot, but I still have a long ways to go.
2. I absolutely hate talking on the phone. For some reason, it feels awkward and boring to me. Strangely enough, I would rather talk through writing than over the phone. Of course, face-to-face and Skype video chats are by far the best. But if I had to choose between a phone call and an instant message conversation, I would probably pick the instant message conversation. When I have a long phone conversation, I can't keep focus. I just don't like it. At all.
3. Black is my favorite color. I used to be embarrassed to admit it, but I'm not anymore. I don't see why black has to be considered dark or depressing or angry. Black can be beautiful. My favorite design is black and white... or black with most colors. It's so sharp and eye-catching. I honestly love that color.
4. A dream of mine is to write a novel from the perspective of a serial killer one day. Seriously. I think about this often. One day I hope to achieve this dream.
5. I am incredibly short, but I don't mind it.
6. My dream career as of right now would be blogging about my life (and actually making money) or becoming a successful novelist. Either that or some sort of career where I could travel the world assisting those in third world countries and write about my experiences in my spare time. Any of those would work. :)
7. I love writing letters. Since I've been at college, sometimes I'll write four or five letters in a week. There's something about letter-writing (and receiving letters) that brings me so much joy. I cherish all of the letters I receive and keep them in scrapbooks and in a memory box. (The way a guy will win my heart is by writing me letters, I hope.) Despite all of this, I'm not very good at writing birthday cards.
8. I am shy, so people tend to be shocked when I say something brutally honest. Just because I don't enjoy confrontation doesn't mean I'm too afraid to confront someone with what I believe.
9. I often purposely decide to wear a Christian t-shirt if I am having a rough day. This helps to remind me that I am a witness in everything I do. When wearing a Christian t-shirt, I'm reminded to smile at people who pass by and to do kind things to others. Some days I just want to let my self-centeredness win, but that isn't who I'm meant to be.
10. I love quotes. I look them up all the time.
11. My heart wanders to Africa quite often. I visited Kenya when I was sixteen and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. I would do almost anything to go back. I'd love to move to Kenya for a year or two after college. We'll see.
12. Although I believe I'm pretty friendly, it can be hard for me to make friends. I'm shy, so while I have a lot of casual friends, it's hard for me to open up to someone enough to let them into my inner circle. I think this is why making friends at college was so difficult at first.
13. I dislike dressing up immensely. I'm much happier if I'm wearing a comfortable pair of jeans or cargo shorts and a t-shirt. Some girls I know feel most confident when they're wearing something cute... I feel confident when I'm wearing something comfortable. I like to look casual.
14. I may be the only one I know who brought a bookshelf filled with books to college. Yeah...
15. Despite all of the controversy, I adore Netflix. For the last year, I have gone through shows on Netflix like crazy. At home, my mom (or brother) and I would pick a show and then go through the series episode by episode, watching one or two episodes each day before bed until the entire series was over. So far, I've gone through Monk, Pysch, Lost, Switched at Birth, and now I'm working on The Office. This is much more entertaining than normal television, where I have to wait a week in between each episode.
What are fifteen interesting things about you?