Day 11: Five pet peeves.
I don't have a lot to post today, but I'm spending the weekend at a ranch with little internet with my family. I love Thanksgiving. :)
1. Gum. The smell of gum (unless it's mint), the look of gum, the sound of smacking gum, the texture of gum, the taste of gum... pretty much anything that has to do with gum disgusts me. If you're chewing gum, please don't show it to me after you've put it in your mouth.
2. Abbreviating several words in a sentence. I've noticed a lot of girls in college saying things like, "OMG! (Actually spelling out the letters.) That's totes presh." No. Just no.
3. Constantly insulting oneself. A pet peeve of mine is when someone is constantly saying things like, "I'm so ugly. I'm so dumb. I'm so fat," almost as if to try to squeeze compliments from those around them.
4. Taking the Lord's Name in vain. I physically cringe every time I hear someone say, "Oh my ---!" or God's Name paired with a swear word. It breaks my heart and it hurts my ears.
5. Text talk. Other than gum, this is one of my biggest pet peeves. Whenever someone abbreviates words in texts or on Facebook, saying things like, "wuts happenin" or "hru?", I want to send them a dictionary in the mail.